Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Salute at Rolling Thunder


Good afternoon Veterans, virtuous Family Members and Concerned Citizens.....

Your kind words and prior service act as an inspiration for me to take the hill, and is the reason I stand tall and lead from the front as a leader of Marines should do. This Country needs to see my pain, and sacrifice as I demonstrate a small, yet monumental act of respect towards others, a salute of compassion. I hope to inspire them to reach out to fellow Americans, and have them demonstrate just an ounce of my sacrifice and compassion. Ammunition is a very important thing it sometimes acts as a tool to help us get where we are going, I also feel there are rounds that we all need to posses and they are called rounds of morality. These fire much more true and can be even more piercing than real lead. I need to reach out to citizens and have them lock and load and stand at the ready for the healing to begin.

It is my honor to stand before you and show you that your sacrifice and the sacrifice of our brothers that have fallen will never go in vain. Your answer to our country's call to duty came with a very heavy price. I will never rest until you receive all your benefits that Uncle Sam promised you. I will never take a benefit from the VA before you receive yours. When Veterans passed by me on the motorcycle, I didn't see middle aged Americans pass by me. I saw young men and women with a common cause riding by. I saw you as if you were my troops unloading out of my hello as I was sending them to war, one more beach to take before we can rest, that beach is one of many holes, and never ending political sand traps. I will inspire that ounce of compassion within the politicians. I will re-light their torches. I will remind them of the key they posses that unlocks that door of promises to vets of their honorable and faithful service to our Nation. This is not a line I want the Veteran to receive only when they die. I have said it to many times at funerals, and I often wonder if this country ever really paid their dues to this man or his family that lies before me, so I give the most genuine "this flag is presented to you on the behalf of a grateful nation, as a token of our appreciation, for the honorable and faithful service of your husband ...................... I then add,,,,, your family is in our prayers and may he rest in peace...... I guess he can say he finally got his peace, and the pain finally went away, heck it may have been even quicker than it would of taken to get the prescription at the VA,,,, or even diagnosed at the VA first off. Since when is having to go the Hospital a day trip? Technology we have should be able to pay for any hospital to receive the Veteran and care for them. Too much common sense or what?

9 Comments:

Blogger diane chambers said...

Tim,
You are truly amazing.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Tim,
You awakened the sleeping Marine inside of me!

Joe Waltman

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lorri - GoldStar Family said...

Tim,

We did not make it to Washington DC but met you in Knoxville on your trip. My Grandmother, Mother, Aunt and myself want to thank you for your service to our country. I also want to thank you for your salue during the passing of flame and your presentation of the flag to the Gold Star Mother, Iris. Your presentation was the most heartfelt of any presentation I have witness. Again, I want to thank you for keeping your brothers alive in the minds of Americans.

8:30 PM  
Blogger LK Hunsaker said...

SSG Chambers, thank you. My husband is a now-retired career soldier who served in Desert Storm. We fly our POW/MIA flag every day, along with our US flag, and we're appalled by the way the country is treating our vets, past and present.

Our "guaranteed" life-long health benefit has apparently been cut over the last couple of months. I'm quite afraid of them yanking it away all together and shoving us into the new government/public system. Completely unacceptable. We've paid our dues for those benefits we were promised.

We couldn't get to Rolling Thunder this year, but we do plan to do so in the future.

9:27 AM  
Blogger RightWingXtremist said...

I hate to use a cliche' but you "hit the nail on the head". It seems our veterans are too easily forgotten after their service to this nation. Our VA hospitals should be setting the example and be looked up too in the field of technology rather than lagging behind. They should be offering the best care that is possible as the one they service have already offered their best. As always, Thank You for your service and all that you continue to do.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tim,

You rekindle the American spirit within me. There can be no greater honor than the sacrafice of ones self. There are those that just don't understand what you do and what you stand for. I feel sorry for them and hope they see the light before it's too late. Thanks again Tim. You are and honor and credit to the USMC and the United States of America.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Aim said...

Hi Tim,
It was truly a pleasure to meet you at the Broken Spoke at Laconia, NH a week ago Thursday. I am a marine mom with a son who did two tours in Afghanistan and is stationed in Hawaii presently. My son came home from his second tour on Thanksgiving day. I was lucky enough to see the pictures someone posted on Facebook of him and his brothers walking down a red carpet that had been rolled out to the plane. While I was relieved and joyful it was still a very difficult moment because two of his brothers wouldn't be walking down the red carpet then or ever, for that matter. I cried for them and their families and for their brothers who no doubt had cried for them. This, on Thanksgiving day. This day, so terribly bittersweet. This leads me to thank you once again for the work you are doing to ensure that the legacy of our heroes remains huge and visible, forever etched into our hearts lest we as a nation forget what has been so freely given to us by those who had been so dearly loved and lost to mothers,fathers, wives, husbands and children who will bear this unspeakable sorrow all the rest of their days. <3

2:03 PM  
Blogger TWEEK said...

TWEEK 10:38 AM on May 21, 2013
Tim Chambers says...
http://marine-saluting-at-rolling-thunder.blogspot.com/
Outsanding website. I salute the efforts you take to help others. It is important to have an organization like this to keep Veterans United. The price you pay to ensure family members get a proper burial service in peace can never bare a price. I have always cared about others and it has shown in everything I have done through life. This is not a one day a year endeavor as you are well aware of. I just hope I do other Veterans proud.
In Response to Tim Chambers, post
From one of the newest members of VBMC, Tim, I'd like to personally thank you, for all that YOU have done, in Service to this Country! When I learned the story of you, standing in Salute to the Vets, with an injured (shoulder?), it brought tears to my eyes. I am a proud PATRIOT, and a I do what I can, to help the Veterans, in any way that I can, but to see your total committment, your courage, (thru the pain), and the HONOR, you were showing others...
Has re-energized me, to re-double my efforts. And I will do MY best, to do YOU ALL, proud.
Thank you, Lord, for young men, like Tim. Men who dedicate their lives in service to others. Let all who do so, BE BLESSED!
In Jesus name, I pray. AMEN!!!
Ride Free
Tweek

7:47 AM  
Blogger TWEEK said...

TWEEK 10:38 AM on May 21, 2013
Tim Chambers says...
http://marine-saluting-at-rolling-thunder.blogspot.com/
Outsanding website. I salute the efforts you take to help others. It is important to have an organization like this to keep Veterans United. The price you pay to ensure family members get a proper burial service in peace can never bare a price. I have always cared about others and it has shown in everything I have done through life. This is not a one day a year endeavor as you are well aware of. I just hope I do other Veterans proud.
In Response to Tim Chambers, post
From one of the newest members of VBMC, Tim, I'd like to personally thank you, for all that YOU have done, in Service to this Country! When I learned the story of you, standing in Salute to the Vets, with an injured (shoulder?), it brought tears to my eyes. I am a proud PATRIOT, and a I do what I can, to help the Veterans, in any way that I can, but to see your total committment, your courage, (thru the pain), and the HONOR, you were showing others...
Has re-energized me, to re-double my efforts. And I will do MY best, to do YOU ALL, proud.
Thank you, Lord, for young men, like Tim. Men who dedicate their lives in service to others. Let all who do so, BE BLESSED!
In Jesus name, I pray. AMEN!!!
Ride Free
Tweek

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home